Exercise: Educational Strip

Educational Strip 


06/04/2019


' You have been asked to produce an illustrated strip of up to five frames explaining to young teenagers how to cope with the onset of puberty. Due to the subject matter and the intended age group it is suggested that you use metaphor and humour when conveying the message. 

What's happening to my body? its going mad! '



  I started this exercise with a mind map:

Puberty Mind Map 
  Then I went straight into thumbnails as I had a few Ideas to start with:

Ideas
 I came up with three ideas that I liked the best Menstrual Cycle, Puberty in Girls and Puberty in Boys. I decided to go with overall puberty and in Girls.

  Next I looked at leaflets and the shape of leaflets, I wanted to do something different instead of the usual normal book looking ones. 

Leaflet Shapes 
  I chose the top idea, I think it would work well, its small, compact and discrete for the teenager that get a little embarrassed about things like this. 

Then I created a Character to use:



  Below are my Final illustrations that I have created:





   After I was happy with the images I had created I then made my leaflet: 





Final Idea 
  I am happy with how this turned out I was sceptical at first whether it was going to work but I'm happy it did. After posting this up onto my Instagram I got a private message off a teacher in Australia who said she loved this and is wanting some for her children. 

  There is a few grammar and spelling mistakes but I cant change that now, overall I am really pleased with this.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3