Exercise: Exploring Drawing and Painting

Exploring Drawing and Painting 

01st August 2017

   'Create a sketchbook with different coloured and textured papers. Include rough textures, sugar paper and heavy water coloured paper, smooth and shiny surfaces, brown paper and cheap typing paper. Include the cheap throw away such as children's felt tip pens, food dyes, ballpoint pens, chalks, oil pastels, explore uncharted territories.' 

'Choose something like a cake with icing, cherries, hundreds and thousands or other toppings; a shoe or trainer; a piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it.' 


   As above mention they want us to create and explore mixed media, so I collected different pieces of paper, tin foil and other material that I had available to me. I chose for this exercise to draw Ice Cream on a cone.

Here are the results that I came out with: 

Sharpie and Tin Foil

Grey Pencil and Tracing Paper

Chalk and Black Card 

Pen and Magazine 

Card and Sharpie 

Pen, Highlighters and Cardboard

Pen and Tissue 
    This one I wanted to explore some materials I had. I had some rope from making jewellery and I decided to see the outcome of making marks with it. I think that it was a success but it was challenging to try and apply shadow with it. see below:
Rope and Cardboard 

Coloured Pens and Water Coloured Paper

Yellow Card and Felt Tips 
    This one I used Mixed Media to make, I used yellow card, masking tape, magazines and tin foil with dry water coloured paint black and blue, and pen. I think this turned out the best so far and was a big success.
Water Coloured Paint and Pen 
   Below is all my pages that I did for this project, I decided to make it into a sketchbook and banded them all together with the rope I used earlier. 
Sketchbook of Media 

Summary

   Looking back at this exercise I could have used more media that I didn't have available at the time. 
   I think the materials I used all worked well together, the materials that I came across that didn't work were the tin foil and the water coloured paint it does not stick to it so it will be challenging to apply paint to that shiny surface you will have to apply layers of other media for it to stick.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3