Exercise: Visual Metaphor

Visual Metaphor 

21st August 2017

                 Reaching Retirement   Dreams if Romance   Broken Relationship                      Censorship of the Press   High Achievement   Economic Catastrophe  

'Choose one of the phrases from above, create a drawn visual list of objects which could be used to symbolize them. Don't be overly concerned with the aesthetic quality or technical accuracy in the drawing. Make a Spider Diagram around the phrase to generate other words, which will bring other visual connotations.'    

   
    I started this exercise by doing some research on Visual Metaphors, I have dedicated a page in my sketchbook to the ones I found most interesting and liked the best:

Sketchbook


   I decided to go with Dreams of Romance, after I had made my decision I decided to do the Spider Diagram to generate ideas. Here it is below:

Spider Diagram 


   After generating theses ideas I did little doodles of what I think relates to Dreams of Romance, I wasn't too concerned with how it looked a drew the first things that came to mind so here it is:

Final Piece
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3