Assignment 4: Magazine Illustration

Magazine Illustration 


03/08/2018

'A magazine wants an illustration on one of the following:

Lost   Disaster   Discovery   Guilty Secret

They want an illustration based on still life.You have the freedom to select the items for the still life and are given creative free rein. The rest of the content, the method you use to produce it and the colours you use are all for you to decide.' 



  I chose the word Disaster to work with on this magazine Illustration. To start my create flow I did two moodboard, one was natural disasters and then I looked at magazine covers:

Moodboard_01

Moodboard_02

  Next I did a Spider Diagram to see what I could come up with around the word disaster:

Spider Diagram 

  I came up with a lot of doom and gloom and because I haven't had a great week I thought I would play with the word cancelled. I did some quick Idea sketches:

Ideas_01
 
 I have been reading all over the place about Pink cancelling her tour in Sydney because she is unwell, but the public seem to frown upon this and in my opinion is that its ridiculous to frown upon something being cancelled due to sickness. 

  Upon this idea I developed the idea further:

Idea

  So I know they wanted to use still life but I took a different approached and work from photographs as I was limited to what I could use for this assignment. So, Pink is known for her Arial gymnastics in her concerts so I have done a picture of her hanging upside down suspended over Sydney. I then took it into photoshop: 

Idea_01

  This is what I came out with I felt that it needed abit of drama in the background so I added a storm which fits perfectly with the dramaticness that everyone is causing over this news. 

  I felt the purple was too dark so I played around with the tones of the background:

Idea_02
  
  Looking at this idea when I had changed the tones I still needed to adjust a few more things in the image, I felt I needed to make Sydney larger, and the Arial gymnastic smaller to proportion the image out. 

  Here is the final image:

Final Image
 
  In the Final Image I lightened the background more and did all the changes I said I would do.

  I am happy with the final image I feel its dramatic and portrays the word Disaster because to everyone who was going to that concert it is a disaster that it was cancelled. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3