Feedback Assignment 4

Assignment 4 Feedback 


17/11/16

Project: Tools and Materials

   The feed back I got this project was good. It has been noticed that I do put a lot of work into my work and research. The only thing that was suggested in this piece to work on was my watercolour techniques so my tutor has suggested to do some studies in my sketchbook to work on this and I agree with her 100%. I love using watercolour paint but not wholly sure how to use this so I will be doing some research into this as suggested.

Project: Audiences

  The project was to produce three posters for a museum we could choose what we wanted to look at. I chose Samurai. The feedback on this was generally good response and I did allot of preparatory work that my tutor said was solid and my compositions were clean, engaging and a good consistency use of image to fir the theme. The downside to the feedback was that she could not distinguish between the age groups and I agree looking back there are certain things I can change within the images to make this more distinguishable.
   My tutor suggests to revisit this project, I will take her advice and revisit this project and see if I can advance it and make it more distinguishable. 


Project: Areas of Illustration

   So, for this project I was asked to illustrate a children's book cover called 'Animals from around the World'; A menu card for a quality fish restaurant; and a tattoo based on the word mum. 

   For the book cover I got good feedback on the preparatory work but my end results felt unfinished. I agree with my tutor it was lacking something and I still puzzle over what could make it better. I may revisit this project to see if I can improve the end result and experiment with it. 

   For the logo for the restaurant I got really good feedback, my tutor said it was the strongest of the three. The only thing that I missed was and outline of a box when I did the mock up for this on a menu card, but overall I am really pleased about the feedback on this piece. 

   For the tattoo design my tutor was happy with the amount of work I did on this and she liked the end result but I missed one vital part of the project which was to design for a male client and I could really kick myself for that as I was really into this project. All I can say is I got real carried away with this project and forgot about the client, but its a vital lesson learned and I will be double checking everything the project says as to not make this mistake again. 


Project: Visual Distortion

   This project was to process a stylised drawing and then collage it. My tutor was really happy this piece she called it Striking! I was abit worried that I had taken the project too far because by the end of it was a Lady Gaga cat hybrid. I really enjoyed this project and it certainly got me thinking if my illustration style is collage!
   My tutor suggest delving more into this style and I will definitely be taking her advice on this, I am excited to see where this takes me. 

Project: Character Development

   Overall the feedback on this was good, I missed out on the progression of the faces as I'm not very good in that department and I have taken my tutors advice and I have done some of my own studies in my sketchbook on faces and expressions to help further my skills. 


   So overall on these projects so far I will sum up that its pretty good feedback with just a few things I need to work on and not get lazy and explore any work that I feel is unfinished. My tutor still thinks I can pass assessment which is a huge relief to me so I am going to work hard on this next assignment and its projects to accomplish this. 

Assignment Feedback

  Mt tutor thought it was a good take that I had taken with this assignment but I hadn't managed to portray it properly she found it a little confusing. Looking back on it myself I can see where she is coming from and maybe I could have taken the end result further. She is also concerned that I am not spending enough time tending to the end results and maybe I agree with her on that aspect too, I have a tendency to stick to my first produced image and not ask for feedback. I think going forward I will ask for feedback from friends and family to see if any changes could be made to make my work better and stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3