Exercise: Your Own Work

Your Own Work 


20/01/19


' Most of the work you've created so far has been a result of specific exercises with clear objectives defining the outcome. However, every drawing, every mark, every image you produce belongs to you and, as your property, has the potential value beyond satisfying of a brief of exercises

Go through the work you've created so far for this course. Review your sketchbooks, notebooks, working drawings and sketches as well as more 'resolved' or finished pieces. Use post it notes to identify the image which have elements that you enjoy. Try to distance yourself from each images original function, and its success as measured against your original intentions and goals, and make your selection purely on whether you enjoy the image aesthetically or conceptually. Photocopy or scan the selection from these images to make a 'gallery' of pictures, fragments of illustrations and drawings.

Choose from one of these areas of authorial practice and select an image from your gallery that would be appropriate in that area. Remember that you also need to identify an audience for your work within the area you've chosen. 

If you can, implement the choices you've made and actually produce an artefact. There are many companies on the high street and on the internet offering service to help you transform your imagery into commercially viable or appealing abject. If you choose to implement your design be aware of the cost implications and investigate at least three alternative suppliers before committing yourself to a particular supplier.' 



  First of I went through my sketchbook and post-it noted the images that most appealed to me. Unfortunately it wasn't a lot of images that really caught my eye so I don't know whether to take this as a bad sign or haven't yet found my 'style'. 

My Sketchbooks 

  I decided that it may look a little spares but I may be able to find something that I like to create something commercially interesting.  

  Below are the images that mostly caught my eye when flicking through my sketchbooks:











   I am a little stuck between these what I would commercially try to sell. I think I will go for the Ice Cream just on its own.



   I found a website for free Mock-ups called Placeit. It is a website with free mock ups of different items you can put your own design onto. Here are my designs on a few items:








  I think the Ice Cream is a fun image it works well for summer clothes, bags and a fun image on mugs, it could work well just as a fun gift or everyday use. My personal favourite is the T-Shirt its simple yet fun and the colours are cheerful and make a plain T-Shirt more interesting even if it is a single image but sometimes simple is better!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise: Packaging

Exercise: Giving Instructions

Exercise: History of Illustration Part 3